Hanes East Campsite
Hanes East Campsite #2
When the lake becomes rough, the calmer waters will generally be on the eastern side of each island and this will usually be the best location to moor your boat.
Distance from Opeongo Mountain Resort
Approx. 4.2 Km
X: -77° 11′ 39.06528″
Y: 45° 25′ 50.592″
The LCC would like to thank our campers for your respect for the natural environment, and for your diligent care in terms of fire safety and “leave no trace” camping.
As of January 1st, 2022, it is illegal in Ontario to place a boat (kayak, canoe, Seadoo) or any vehicle or trailer into any body of water if there are any plants, animals or algae attached to it. Make sure your boat is decontaminated before and after you launch in Lake Clear.
Lake Clear is already infested with Zebra Mussels!
Reserve Your Camping Adventure
PLEASE READ: Click on the FIRST day you are to arrive (check in is at 3pm) and THEN the LAST day when you plan to leave (check out is at 11am). DO NOT CLICK ON EACH DAY – only the first and last day.
Maximum 7 consecutive nights per reservation. Minimum 2 days/1 night.
Your reservation will show half days on check in and check out. This allows someone else to enjoy the island when you've left.
*NOTE: Effective June 2nd, as of June 30, all the remaining dates in the season (Aug 17-Oct 9) will be released for booking, rather than one day at a time.
If you have any questions or concerns before booking, please email email@example.com
For each reservation, you will be charged a non-refundable $40 fee to help cover the costs of maintaining the website.
In order to complete your reservation, you must Send the form above, and then click on the "Complete Your Reservation via PayPal" button under the total cost, where you can log into your PayPal account or use your credit card to pay the fee.
Not completing the transaction or leaving PayPal without payment will cancel your reservation.
Please print your approval email and bring it with you in case of disagreement or if someone else is on your site. Reservations are non-exchangeable and non-refundable!
Terms and Conditions
Island Camping Program
- As of January 1st, 2022, it is illegal in Ontario to place a boat (kayak, canoe, Seadoo) or any vehicle or trailer into any body of water if there are any plants, animals or algae attached to it. Make sure your boat is decontaminated before and after you launch in Lake Clear.
- No soaps or detergents to be used in or near the lake.
- DO NOT CUT ANY TREES OR BRANCHES (FINES COULD APPLY).
- BRING YOUR OWN LOCALLY SOURCED FIREWOOD.
- REMOVE ALL YOUR GARBAGE WHEN YOU LEAVE. BURNING OF TRASH IS PROHIBITED.
- Grey water disposal - inland near the privy.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAMPSITE UNATTENDED FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS. IF YOU DO YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE CANCELLED.
- PLEASE LEAVE YOUR CAMPSITE IN THE CONDITION IN WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IT.
- ALL FIRES MUST BE EXTINGUISHED WITH WATER.
- FIRE BANS ARE COMMON DURING THE CAMPING SEASON.
FIRE BANS NOTICES ARE PLACED ON THE HOME PAGE OF THE TOWNSHIP'S WEBSITE AT BONNECHERE VALLEY TOWNSHIP
COMPLY WITH ALL FIRE RESTRICTIONS (LARGE FINES MAY APPLY)
- USE ONLY THE CAMPSITE THAT YOU HAVE RESERVED.
- HAVE YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION AVAILABLE WHILE ON THE ISLAND.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING GLASS TO THE ISLAND. THOROUGH CLEAN-UP OF BROKEN GLASS IN A WILDERNESS ENVIRONMENT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE.
- PLEASE RESPECT PARKING REGULATIONS. PARKING AND BOAT LAUNCHING ARE AVAILABLE AT OPEONGO MOUNTAIN RESORT ON LAKE CLEAR ROAD. CARS WILL BE TICKETED IF PARKED ON WIELAND SHORE ROAD.
The campsite will be identified by a numbered sign that looks like this:
The Lake Clear Conservancy is your community land trust. Together we can preserve, maintain and improve the things we all love and enjoy - crystal clear waters, magnificent views, unspoiled islands and scenic shorelines. Clean water and unspoiled wilderness are rare; Lake Clear is a treasure. The LCC is a means for everyone who values these qualities to work together in a coordinated manner.
Get In Touch
Box 141 Eganville, ON KoJ1T0